The Arts Council created the Fine Arts Festival in 1980 to provide incentive for local artists to improve their technique and a place to showcase and sell their artwork. The festival has since grown into a major exhibit featuring artwork by artists from all over the country. The event also includes an art competition where the entries are judged and cash prizes and ribbons are awarded.
2019 Fine Arts Festival – Details
- Artwork Delivery Dates (entry deadline): July 15-19 (10a-4p) & Sat, July 20 (2-4p)
- Purchase Awards Preview: Thursday, August 1, 2019
- Opening Reception & Awards Ceremony: Friday, August 2, 2019, 6-8p
- Exhibition Dates: August 2-29, 2019
- Art Removal: You may remove your art beginning on August 30, 2019, but it must be picked up by 5p on September 3, 2019, or by prior special arrangement. NOTE: Our galleries will be closed August 31-September 2, 2019, for the Labor Day weekend.
- Application: Downloadable application & guidelines for 2019 will be available in April, 2019.